High limit manual reset temperature control or surface treatment or corrosive liquid baths, sea water environment, livestock premises.
Housing: Protection class IP 66 upon EN 60529 (waterproof spray water under high pressure and sea splashes, totally dust tight), dia. 105mm, height 66mm (excluding accessories and cable glands), made of plastic. Includes an adjustable thermostat that can be set after unscrewing the cover. To eliminate the enclosure risk of corrosion, there is no metallic part in contact with the external environment. Cover gasket and cable gland stuffing sets are made in EPDM. Rod seal is made of fluorocarbon elastomer FKM (Viton). The cover can be unscrewed by hand, but it is also possible to use a hook spanner.
Electrical connections: Cable input/output by two M20 cable glands. Electrical connection on screw terminals
Temperature Adjustment: not adjustable, factory set and sealed. Manual reset. The reset is possible only when the temperature has decreased to a normal value.
Sensing element: Liquid filled bulb. Fail safe: if the sensing element is broken or leaks, the thermostat will automatically switch off the power.
Fixed set point calibration: Must be specified on order, from 4°C (32 °F) to 110°C (230°F)
Rod dimensions: Outside diameter (D) before optional sleeving is 10mm. Length (L): 450mm, 600mm (300mm, 800mm and 1000mm on request)
Rod material and sleeving:
–SUS 316L without sleeving
– SUS 316L with shrinked PTFE sleeve, thickness 0.4 to 0.6mm
– By the 1″ BSPT thread (Mounting through wall is watertight when used with the 1″ nut and seal. See accessories)
– By a rotatable plastic bracket, enabling mounting on tank edge (See accessories)
– By the 2 legs on the side (2 holes dia 5 mm center distance 113 mm)
SPNC, Open on temperature rise contact (C-1) 16A(2.6) 250VAC
– Electrical life >100.000 cycles.
Power supply and power output pilot lights (Neutral is mandatory).
Cover and housing material options:
– Black PA66, glass filled body, and polycarbonate (PC) transparent cover, suitable for most applications in medium low to medium corrosive liquids, up to 90 °C. Allows to view constantly input and output power supply and thermostat set point. Excellent mechanical strength of the housing (IK10). Very good UV resistance.
– Orange PP (polypropylene) body, with transparent polycarbonate (PC) cover: Very good resistance to strong bases, good resistance to acids. For use in liquids up to 90 °C. Allows to view constantly input and output power supply and thermostat set point. Reduced mechanical strength (IK8).
– Orange PP (polypropylene) body, with opaque orange PP (polypropylene) cover: Very good resistance to strong bases, good resistance to acids. For use in liquids up to 90 °C. Reduced mechanical strength (IK8).
– White PVDF body with opaque white PVDF cover: For use on liquid baths at temperatures above 90 °C or strong oxidizing chemicals such as chrome electrolyte or nitric acid solution (HNO3). Reduced mechanical strength (IK8).
Rod protection options (see also table below)
– Stainless steel 316L-Ti without coating
– Stainless steel 316L, with FEP chemically deposed coating, thickness 0.2 to 0.4mm
– Stainless steel 316L, with PFA chemically deposed coating, thickness 0.2 to 0.4mm
– Stainless steel 316L, with PTFE chemically deposed coating, thickness 0.05 to 0.1mm
– Stainless steel 316L, with ETFE chemically deposed coating, thickness 0.2 to 0.4mm
Rod length (L, mm)
|Black PA66 housing, crystal clear PC cover||Orange PP housing, crystal clear PC cover||Orange PP housing, orange opaque PP cover||White PVDF housing, white opaque PVDF cover|
***= Calibration value in °C
|316L without coating||316L-Ti without coating||Titanium||316L+ FEP 0.2 ~ 0.4mm*||316L+ PFA 0.2 ~ 0.4mm*||316L+ PTFE 0.05 ~ 0.1mm*||316L+ ETFE 0.2 ~ 0.4mm*|
* MOQ 100 pieces
Versions with °F printed knobs: replace S by T in the reference (7th character)