Flexible silicone rubber heaters are made of fiberglass reinforced laminated silicone rubber sheets, vulcanized together through heat and high pressure on both sides of an embedded specially formed heating wire element. Fiberglass-reinforced silicone rubber gives the heater dimensional stability without sacrificing flexibility.
Silicone is used because of its high temperature resistance (permanent temperature up to 200°C (390°F), high thermal conductivity (~7 10-4W/cm.K) and good electrical insulation properties (~12KV/mm)
This compact and economical series is intended to be integrated into a device. The temperature control is carried out by the integrator. Sensors or temperature limiters can be incorporated into the heating surface. Other general particularities of these heaters are:
– Not affected by vibration or flexing,
– Comply with UL94-VO (flame retardant) and ROHS,
– Low smoke and low toxicity,
– Silicone is non-toxic, and moisture and chemical resistant
– Very thin profile.
Combining high surface power and flexibility, flexible silicone heating elements are a simple and economical solution for heating surfaces. They are light, thin, heat quickly and evenly because they are in direct contact with the surface to be heated. Their construction is rugged, and they do not change dimensions during heating. They can be mounted on flat or cylindrical surfaces. Their bonding to the surfaces can be made by vulcanization, room temperature vulcanizable resin (RTV), or by application of a pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA).
Some typical examples of applications are:
Autoclaves, Surveillance cameras, Mold heaters for polymerization of resins, Poultry incubators, Diesel fuel filters,
Defrost, Cash Machines, Laboratory Equipment, Gyroscopes, Laminators, Heated Mirrors, Animal Feeders, Photocopiers, Food heating Trays, Heat Presses, Battery Heaters, Tanks for liquids, etc.
They can be made in multiple shapes, receive cutouts or holes. They can receive temperature sensors, temperature limiters, thermal fuses and thermostats.
Mounting: By a pressing system on the surface made by the user or by bonding with a room temperature vulcanizing silicone resin (RTV), or by adhesive.
Length (Dimension A): Upon customer request
Width (dimension B): Upon customer request
Silicone foil minimum bending radius: 3.2 mm (0.125″)
Ingress protection: IP65.
Minimum ambient temperature: -10o C (+15o F)
Power tolerance: ±10% at 20°C
Temperature control: none
– 0.2 w/cm2 (1.3W/in²) for plastic materials.
– 0.75 w/cm2 (4.8 w/inch2), for usual applications.
– 1 w/cm² (6.5 w/inch2) for fast heating applications.
Other values on request.
Thickness of the flexible silicone foil:
-1.6mm for light application and small surfaces
– 2.5mm for usual industrial applications
– 3.2mm, for heavy duty applications requiring strong mechanical strength and reinforced insulation.
Quality control routine tests: Each element is 100% tested for continuity, resistance and insulation. Tests are made according to EN 60335-1 and EN 50106 standards. See technical introduction.
Dielectric Strength: 1750V AC.
Insulation resistance: ≥ 10 Megohms.
See in the technical introduction examples of the temperatures reached by silicone heating belts. They represent the temperature that may reach the silicone heater if it is not correctly installed.
There are 2 types available in standard
– FEP insulated wires, AWG 18 (0.8mm²) for power up to 1800W in 230V. Wire gauge is increased for higher ratings.
– Insulated rubber power supply cable, for industrial environments, 3 x 1.5mm² (AWH15), length 3m, Euro plug. UL plug on request.
– Customer design shape, with or without holes
– Power supply 110/115V
– Power cord with industrial plug 2-pole + earth 16A CEE (IEC60309).
– Surface mounted temperature limiter.
-Surface mounted temperature sensor (Pt100, NTC, thermocouple)
– Grounded mesh wire shield layer
– Silicone foam insulation layer vulcanized on the external surface
The heaters have been designed in compliance with EEC Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2006/95/EC and EMC directive 2004/108/EC. They must be installed in accordance with all local applicable instructions, codes, and regulations.
Main parts numbers in 220/240V, with 0.75W/cm² (4.8 w/inch2), surface power*
|These references are incomplete. Full part number are issued when order is received. These heaters are manufactured only on order. Specify length and width
|1.6mm thickness without adhesive
|2.5mm thickness without adhesive
|3.2mm thickness without adhesive
|1.6mm thickness with adhesive
|2.5mm thickness with adhesive
|3.2mm thickness with adhesive
|2 FEP insulated conductors, AWG18, (0.8mm²) length 500mm||9ARA80—-8–450||9ARB80—-8–450||9ARC80—-8–450||9ARF80—-8–450||9ARG80—-8–450||9ARH80—-8–450|
|3x1mm² cable rubber insulation, length 3m, euro plug **||9ARA80—-8–C30||9ARB80—-8–C30||9ARC80—-8–C30||9ARF80—-8–C30||9ARG80—-8–C30||9ARH80—-8–C30|
NB: the characters “-” in the part numbers are updated after selection of the length and the width of the silicone rubber heater
* – For surface load 0.2 w/cm² (1.3W/in²), replace 80 with 20 in the reference.
– For surface load 1 w/cm² (6.5 w/in²), replace 80 with B0 in the reference.
** For UL plug instead of Euro plug, replace C3 with D3 in the part number.