Home / Controls, safety & Regulation / Type 59A8: Electric fire detection switches with thermal glass bulb for air duct
Thermal sensitive part: Thermal bulb
Operation: The break of the bulb activates, by means of a plunger, an electric switch.
Mounting: Enclosure with removable mounting bracket made of stainless steel allowing the mounting perpendicular to an air duct with the diameter 12mm probe located in the air flow through the pipe wall. Mounting of this bracket on another face of the housing is possible
Electrical contact: Double snap action contact with two independent circuits, one normally open and the other normally closed. Total contacts spacing is larger than 3mm, providing full disconnection upon IEC standards.
Electrical rating: 16A (4A) 250VAC; 10A (1A) 400VAC; 4A (100mA) 24 and 48VDC. Compatible with electric door magnets in 24V and 48V, 500 N.
(Version with gold plated contacts for low level electronic circuits available on request).
Enclosure: 70 x 80 x 35mm in UV resistant black PA66, with captive lid screws in stainless steel.
– Flammability: UL94V0 and GWFI 960°C.
– Deformation temperature under load: 225°C. (ISO 75-2, 1.8 MPa).
– Ambient temperature class T150°C.
– Resistance to corrosion better than 1000 hours in salt spray fog at 5%.
– Ingress resistance: The highest class, IP69K (washable at high pressure hot water cleaner).
– Impact resistance: The highest class, IK10 (except stainless steel support for temperature-sensitive parts and glass bulbs).
Electrical connection: On screw terminal block, 7 terminals 2.5mm². Shipped with a 3-way shunt and a 2-way shunt, allowing different contact and connection arrangement solutions. Cable outlet by two M16 cable glands.
– Easy replacement of the temperature-sensitive part
– A test button (option) accessible from the outside allows to check instantly the operation of the switch without any disassembly or opening.
– The enclosure has holes for the installation of seals preventing unauthorized opening.
Visualization: Optional 230 V, 24V or 48V pilot light. This pilot light can be used to visualize the presence of voltage on the line, a critical parameter for “contact closes on fire” detection systems.
Other options: Customization and customer labelling. Output by a single cable gland.
|Operating temperature||Reference without test button, without pilot light||Reference without test button, with 230V pilot light*||Reference with test button, without pilot light||Reference with test button and 230V pilot light**|
|Without thermal bulb||59A80PS1630003C||59A81PS1630003C||59A8AP2S1630003C||59A8BP2S1630003C|
|57°C (135°F) orange color bulb||59A80PS1630573C||59A81PS1630573C||59A8AP2S1630073C||59A8BP2S1630573C|
|68°C (155°F) red color bulb||59A80PS1630683C||59A81PS1630683C||59A8AP2S16300683C||59A8BP2S1630683C|
|79°C (174°F) yellow color bulb||59A80PS1630793C||59A81PS1630793C||59A8AP2S1630793C||59A8BP2S1630793C|
|93°C (199°F) green color bulb||59A80PS1630933C||59A81PS1630933C||59A8AP2S1630033C||59A8BP2S1630963C|
|141°C (286°F) blue color bulb||59A80PS1631413C||59A81PS1631413C||59A8AP2S1631413C||59A8BP2S1631413C|
* -For models without test button with 24V pilot light, replace 1P by 2P in the reference
-For models without test button with 48V pilot light, replace 3P by 1P in the reference
** -For models with test button with 24V pilot light, replace BP by CP in the reference
-For models with test button with 48V pilot light, replace BP by DP in the reference